Candle making safety precautions
Candle making is an interesting and fun activity, but there are some safety precautions you should follow to avoid damage or injury during the process. Please follow these to make sure you stay safe:
- If children are involved in the process, we strongly advise parental supervision at all times.
- While heating the wax, never leave it unattended. Make sure it is water between the melting pitcher and the boiling pan.
- Do not expose the handle of the pitcher to open flames. It is made of wood and may catch fire! Use on a gas stove at your own risk.
- Do not overheat the wax. Use a thermometer to monitor the temperature of the wax.
- Keep the wax away from an open flame.
- The melting pitcher gets hot during the wax melting process. We recommend only holding in the wooden handle during and right after the wax melting process.