How to safely melt the wax
To melt the soy wax for candle making, we recommend using the double boiler principle as this gives a gentle and excellent temperature control of the process.
It is super easy! All you need is a saucepan that is large enough for the pitcher to fit inside.
- First, fill a saucepan about half full with water and place it on the stove to heat.
- Add the right amount of wax in the pouring pitcher.
- Place the pitcher in the saucepan and start heating over medium heat.
- Attach the candle-making thermometer to the pitcher and adjust it so that it does not touch the base of the pitcher.
- Monitor the temperature of the wax while heating. Please take care as the metal part of the pitcher may get hot. Use the wooden heat-resistant handle when adjusting or moving the pitcher during heating.
- Watch the double boiler at all times while melting the wax. Keep the heat under control and avoid getting water in the wax.
- Continue to heat until the wax has reached the correct temperature. We like to melt the wax to about 190 degrees Fahrenheit before we remove the pitcher from the saucepan.
- Place the pitcher on a heat-resistant surface and watch the temperature go down to the desired temperature before you add the fragrance (if desired).